Update on last week's EANA meeting - 9/27/2006
We had a small, but productive crowd at our bi-monthly neighborhood meeting last week. I definitely understand how busy the start of fall can be, and I look forward to seeing more of you at our next meeting in November. Here’s a quick summary:
- Congratulations to the winners of our neighborhood contest – your medals are in fabrication now as we speak. Angela (1712) won Best Landscaping; Jerry and Mary (2004) won Best Maintained; Daniel and crew (1901) won Most Improved; and Julie (1701) won Best Neighbor. Each of these rewards were landslide votes and well deserved. Most Improved had some competition with Jim (1814) and Stanley (1808) taking honorable mention.
- Our VP was not present, so we had no update on the neighborhood watch signs.
We discussed forming a Neighborhood Welcome committee for welcoming new owners.
We had an update on neighborhood development. Lee and Weaver have (4) houses under construction now at the end of the street: two one-story, two two-story, one already sold, plans to be done by year end. 1808 appears to be finished and occupied. No progress on 1604 (see below.)
- We reviewed and approved a complaint letter to be sent to the owners at 1604 and copied to the city, regarding dangerous and unsightly conditions. This letter has been sent.
- We reviewed a draft of a general legal Covenant for Evergreen Avenue. That draft will be emailed to you for review and comment this month. The attitude toward the draft was positive.
- Daniel (1901) was nominated and elected treasurer. We have $110 in our EANA account.
- We discussed establishing a 25mph speed limit on Evergreen. This will require a petition signed by ¾ of the residents on our street, submitted to the City.
- We discussed sharing email addresses and phone numbers for better communication.
- Next meeting is November 22.
Thanks again for all your involvement this year. We talked again about all the progress we’ve seen on our street in just these past couple years.
See you on the street.